- Chief of Police for Boulder, Colorado
- Pro to the question "Should the Drinking Age Be Lowered from 21 to a Younger Age?"
“I have come to the conclusion that changing the drinking age law from 18 to 21 was, overall, not a wise decision. I believe we should consider returning the legal drinking age to 18 (with conditions) and then spend our resources on programs to reduce abuse of alcohol and the effects it has on behavior.”
“Approach to Underage Drinking,” bouldercolorado.gov, Mar. 4, 2008
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Chief of Police, Boulder, Colorado, 1998-present
- Commander, Boulder Police Department, 1994-1998
- Internal Affairs Investigator, Boulder Police Department, 1991-1994
- Sergeant, Boulder Police Department, 1983-1994
- Patrol Officer, Boulder Police Department, 1978-1983
- MS, Criminal Justice Administration, University of Colorado
- Contact Info:
- None found
- Recipient, Boulder Police Department Award for Excellence, May 1992
- Officer of the Year, Boulder Police Department, 1980
- Top Graduate, Boulder Police Academy, 1979
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should the Drinking Age Be Lowered from 21 to a Younger Age?